Monday, March 17, 2014

my car was stolen

My car was stolen off the street last Thursday night.  I was asleep on the couch at my friend Jeff's.

I woke up in the morning, and walked outside to find that my red Honda, fondly named "Kyoki,"  had been abducted by car thieves, who by now, have taken her back to a shady garage and cut her into pieces.

(To some peoples confusion,) I have not been sleeping in my car.  However, Kyoki was very accommodating.  I drove a lot of miles in that little red hatchback.  Last year Kyoki and I spent 28 days traveling to California and back, driving through mountains and camping along the way.

Kyoki, is gone, and the winter weather here is a grueling tragedy of shit.
But soon it will be warmer.  Soon the carbon colored slush covering Chicago will melt, and I will launch the Sailboat -soon to be christened - "Time Ghost."

My car is dead, but my boat is about to be born.  I only hope that "Time Ghost" will be as true as its trusty predecessor.

Bon Voyage Kyoki.

Mitch, Brook, Kyoki, and I, at a Phish concert in Upstate New York.

Kyoki and campsite in the Utah High Desert

Ross and Kyoki, after we put her in ditch driving and laughing through a Wisconsin Snowstorm

Zion National Park.  Bon Voyage Kyoki



No comments:

Post a Comment