Thursday, November 21, 2013

Catsitting

About a week after I had set out into my Chicago safari, I got an email from my Art Director friend Jason.  He told me that he had a freelance job for the month of November at an Ad Agency in Seattle.  While he is traveling, Jason offered me his place, and the use of his record player/jazz records in exchange for feeding his sixteen year-old cat named 'SuperCargo.'
'SuperCargo'
So I have a place to stay this month.  And it has been a pleasant month.
Jason drives a pristine 1989 Honda Prelude  His apartment is a Bucktown bachelor-pad full of vintage modern furniture.  I feel cool waking up there.   I bought a pound of coffee beans from Dark Matter coffee down the street.  I have been grinding and pouring myself a cup most mornings, while waking up on the Balcony.  My friend Alisa told me that guy who opened Dark Matter, started his coffee roasting business with money he saved by living simply for many years.


No comments:

Post a Comment