Thursday, November 7, 2013

Landlordsmanship

I  transferred custody of my condominium to two 23 year old kids, recently graduated from The University of Iowa.  They own mismatched couches, and a white plastic jar of protein powder.
When they came to sign the lease, I ordered them beer and pizza, which I think they liked because they smiled the whole time.  Also, they invited their new landlord to their "little house-warming shindig" (date to be announced.)

Landlordsmanship makes me feel like a pragmatic dad.
I went to Home Depot to buy paint and lightbulbs.  I made an appointment with my attorney: Kevin Morphew J.D.   Kevin impressed me with his office, and imparted to me his vast knowledge of leases, security deposits and paperwork.




1 comment:

  1. i imagine your relationship with said attorney has many commonalities between that of hunter thompson and dr. gonzo.

    "as you attorney i advise you to..."

    ReplyDelete